Tuesday 12 February 2013

Junk Food HIT

OK, maybe not junk food as most people define it, this recipe involves a bottled salad dressing.

So. You buy "Zesty Italian Dressing" of any brand (NOT "lite", that stuff will kill you).

You take a bunch of chicken breasts, cut them up into strips, and marinade them in the dressing.

You COULD make the dressing from scratch, as I shall in future, back-engineering it, a simple red wine vinegar and olive oil blend with herbs and spices.

You bake the chicken right in the marinade.

Alongside that you serve pasta, veggies, and a cheese sauce.

All the flavours blend together on the plate. The zesty dressing oozes into the cheese sauce.

If you need more help, just yell, but seriously? Try it.

7 comments:

  1. Kraft Tuscan Italian is great for this too. It's what I use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also great to marinade the chicken breasts and (when it is nicer out, of course) throw them on the gill for that char-broiled tastiness. ;) ~ Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you could. I'd burn it, but capable people could.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, I should have said - Sian told me about this.

      Delete
  4. Oh I've done it. I've also used it as a substitute for other liquids on the frying pan.

    ReplyDelete