Thursday 14 March 2013

Tom's Week - Day 4

There's a new (to me) dish that is all the rage, and it has a very ugly name - Pulled Pork. What is wrong with people that they name a dish like that? Why not have Splatted Chicken, Trampled Beef, or Thrown Against The Wall A Few Times Fish? Back in the day dishes had nice foreign names. Hey ho.

I call it Shredded Pork which is marginally better.

The first time I made it, it was great, and it's never been as good since, I should have written it down.

Today is Tom's turn and there are great smells coming out of the slow cooker.

We won't be eating it in buns. I'm sorry, that's just revolting. We'll have it over rice so we can eat it with a fork and not need a shower afterwards.

So, I asked him what he used as a sauce so I could pass it on to you, and he said "Umm....". So if it's good we won't be able to repeat it again. But depending on how it turns out, it may prove what I've always believed...THERE IS NO RECIPE.

As far as I can tell you throw together whatever you have on hand. Tom started with a bottle of passata, and went from there. I can smell cumin and garlic anyway, and it occurs to me we could do a fully Indian version, so I'll do that next time. But as far as I can tell it's a bit of this, and a bit of that, he's been watching his sister.


3 comments:

  1. Pulled pork has been around for a long, long time, but Hispanics in New Mexico just called it pork, and put it in everything. My favorite is chili verde with roasted chili's and pulled pork.

    It was heavenly, but now that I got religion, it is verboten. Little did I know how much I was to sacrifice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to find the person who called it "pulled" and hang weights on his enchiladas. If you know what I mean.

      Delete
  2. It has been great to see how Tom's Chef Week has progressed each day. You're one blessed family, that's for sure! :D Enjoy ~ Blessings!

    ReplyDelete